To view the Testament PowerPoint, click on the link to the right. The presentation should open up and begin playing.
As you watch the PowerPoint presentation, keep in mind that the survivors were your age as they lived through this tragic moment in human history. Afterwards, take a moment to reflect on the passages. Whose story made the greatest impact on you and why? Where does the will to survive come from, especially under such overwhelming odds?
FHS Cares in the Commons @ FHS
The Tolerance Project was displayed in the Commons. Student work was projected on the middle screen, while posted comments were projected on the side screens. The table in the middle had netbooks so that students and staff could participate in the blogging exercise.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks to the students and to Mr. Loud for this powerful collection of testimonies. We do forget that the survivors we see today were high school age when they were taken away from their homes.
ReplyDeleteNext year I hope to attend this Holocaust program so that I can hear the stories of these Holocaust survivors for myself. At some times in this presentation I teared up because it was so emotional. I cannot take away the fact that these are true stories of survivors. One story that caught me was the woman who married the American soldier. All the different stories showed how each and every person was affected differently. I cannot believe that at the end it showed those who did not believe in the Holocaust. I respect those who told their stories because I could imagine the difficulty they had in saying them. I did not attend this year but I again I hope to next year.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I had though of the Holocaust I had always tried to put myself in their position. And as I learn more about what they had to endure, it becomes harder to put myself in their place. I begin to ask myself the same questions. What would I do? How would I survive? Hopefully everyone else who watches this video presentation also also realizes the horrors and seriousness of the Holocaust, and why it should never happen again.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful presentation, and I am grateful to have heard this many testimonies during the school year. It is so important to pass on these stories so that they are not lost, because many of the survivors will not be around for much longer. Each survivor has a different situation and their stories are all very personal and emotional.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that it was real accounts of what happened made it seem a lot more personal.
ReplyDeleteAngie Maiorano said . . .
ReplyDeleteThis was a very well put and beautiful presentation. I like to read and learn about the Hollocaust. When i read or listen to things on the topic i start to feel sad.
kelly bretana said...
ReplyDeleteit was very sad what happened to these people for such silly reasons. i liked it
I feel so privileged to have been a part of this presentation. In addition to the awareness, I got to just see how different types of people can mesh together and I thank Mr. Loud, Blumm, Theo, Cornell, McLaughlin, and all the other teachers that allowed me to be a part of this project. Let us all remember that we are the next generation to carry out these testimonies that now lie in our hearts. With awareness, we can always manage to prevent a monstrosity like this from happening once again.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful that so many of our students have the capacity to feel things so deeply...to empathize with others who suffer. I am able to go forward with my life with hope for the future. Thanks to all of you...because it is so easy to despair as we watch what is happening in the Gulf and elsewhere.
ReplyDelete